Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Becca's Amazing Day

Becca turned 5 on Monday. Here are some of the highlights of her amazing day.

  • A whole day with daddy (the school was closed for MLK day, and Jeremy, who had planned on studying/working for a few hours, was easily convinced by Becca to stay home on her special day).

  • Lunch and gifts at Grandma and Grandpa Matis' house with Aunt Cori, and cousins Ryan, Kimberly and Katelyn.



  • A makeover at Club Libby Lu with cousin Emma





  • Dinner at Applebee's finished off with a Barbie birthday cake





  • A shopping spree at Build-a-Bear and the Disney Store (her gift from Aunt Jill)










Thanks to everyone who made Becca's day so wonderful! It really was an exciting day! Becca is such an exuberant little girl and she LOVES everything! She is so easy to please and it is so fun to do things for her.

The best part of my day was when we got home at night. It was past the kids normal bedtime and they were exhausted - both had fallen asleep in the car on the drive home. We decided to forego scriptures and prayer and just put them in bed. As I was putting Becca in bed she started crying and said "We haven't even said prayer or anything!"


I had her say a prayer and, without prompting from me, she thanked Heavenly Father that she could have such a special birthday. She fell asleep with a big grin on her face. Wow! I love that little girl!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Emma thought it was a pretty fun day too! I love the picture of the girls at Build a Bear. I'm glad Becca had such an "AMAZING" Day. Everyone deserves a day like that every now and then. Also, that's one thing I love about being a mom...because whenever one of my children has an "AMAZING" day, it's an "AMAZING" day for me too. Soooooooooo, that means I get 4 times more "AMAZING" days than some people. Can you imagine having 12 kids?:)

Peifer Family said...

Jeremy told me about your blog and I found it! I hope you don't mind that I link it to mine! Good luck training for the mini, I am actually trying to "train" for the Geist 1/2 because the mini was full!

Charlotte said...

Hi Tricia (and Jeremy),

I came across your blog today. It's great to see how well you guys are doing. We also have a blog: kharringtonfamily.blogspot.com.

Drop me a line when you have a chance: charlotteharrington@gmail.com.

I'd love to catch up!

Charlotte