Tuesday, March 22, 2011

LOVE

When February rolls around I start thinking about LOVE! As the Christmas decorations come down, the world starts pumping out the hearts in anticipation of Valentine's Day. Even my toenails got a "hearty" makeover this year!

Not only is February the time to celebrate LOVE, it is also my birth month - and everyone knows that I LOVE to be showered with attention! And then, just a few short days after February ends, I get to celebrate the anniversary of my marriage to the LOVE of my life. So, what's not to LOVE about this wonderful time of year!

Here is a little glimpse of some of our celebrating.

I was excited that Valentine's Day was on Monday because that is the one night of the week that our family is usually all home together. I decked out the table with red and pink, gifts for the kids and a heart healthy dinner of salad and baked potatoes (if you ignore the cheese and bacon that we piled on top of both).

After dinner we had a Family Home Evening lesson centered on...you guessed it! LOVE! And for an activity we taught the kids to play Hearts (a very elementary version). And that box of chocolates you see on the table, that was dessert! Yum!




On the first weekend of March, Jeremy and I celebrated our 12th anniversary. We went to a fabulous bed & breakfast in Batesville, IN. I know...it doesn't seem like it would be the location of a top notch inn, but this place was spectacular!



It was a beautiful house, the inn keepers went out of their way to make us feel at home and they seriously thought of everything! I had packed this basket of snacks, candles, sparkling cider, chocolates, etc. We hardly used any of it because the inn did so much for us that we didn't need it! Although they really couldn't provide the candles from the night we got engaged, the glasses from our wedding or what I know to be our favorite snacks and treats, they sure came awfully close to creating the perfect retreat for a couple celebrating an anniversary! We had massages, sat in the sauna, and just relaxed. It was great!




And while we're on the topic of LOVE, do you know what I am LOVING?! That Jeremy is now contributing to the blog! Now maybe I won't be so behind on posting all the time, and we all get to hear about things from his perpective. LOVE that!

2 comments:

Pini said...

Cute post...I LOVE that you are blogging again! yea!

The Wyler Family said...

very sweet! and congrats again on the whole adoption approval thing. we are definitely praying for you and we will let you know if we hear anything that might help.

by the way... in answer to your questions on my blog... i'm due may 2nd. :)

sure miss you guys!