Thursday, June 23, 2011

Missing Daddy

Jeremy left today for his service trip to Brazil, where he will be working in a dental clinic for one week. With travel time and a little time for sightseeing, he will be gone a total of 12 days.

Our kids aren't new to having mommy and/or daddy gone for several days, but for some reason they are taking this time very hard - especially Becca. As we were driving home from the airport, I turned to look at Becca and saw that she was crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I don't want daddy to go". My heart broke. So, just minutes after we had dropped Jeremy off, I called him and asked if he could talk to Becca for a minute.

He told Becca that he would keep notes of his trip(like the ones from his trip to Hong Kong and Korea that he posted here not too long ago) and suggested that she do the same. So, tonight at bedtime I pulled out a notebook and told the kids to write at least one sentence about their day for daddy to read later.

Dear Dad,

I had a sad day since you left. I had a bad day at tennis.

Love,
Becca


*********************************************************************

Dear Dad,

I am sad that you left. I had a good day. I miss you. Have fun in New York City and Brasil. Bye.

From: Isak


*********************************************************************

Man, I love them!

No comments: