Friday, November 22, 2013

A Ray of Sunshine

I've been too busy with other projects this week to continue my blog updates on our drive to Alaska, but I will get back to them very soon.

In the meantime, I came across a little gem this morning that I want to share.  For homework last night, Isak was typing something that he had written.  When I got on the computer this morning, his document was still open.  Here is what I found:


I am thankful for many things in my life, but mostly I am thankful for family, shelter and books. I am thankful for family because I love them. Another reason I am thankful for family is that they take care of me. Second, I am thankful for shelter because I live in Alaska and if I didn’t have shelter I would literally freeze to death. Also If I didn’t have shelter I wouldn’t be safe and someone (or something) could kill me easily. Finally, I am thankful for books because if they didn’t exist I wouldn’t have a very good imagination. I also wouldn’t be entertained if I didn’t have them. I am definitely thankful for family, shelter, and books.


When day to day life gets a little (or a lot) hectic, it's wonderful to come across little rays of sunshine, like this one, to warm and brighten your day.  Everything, from what he said, to how he said it, to the font he chose, makes me happy.

Praying that you find a ray of sunshine in your busy life today!

2 comments:

judy said...

This is sooo Isak. You can tell he put a lot of thought into this. What a kid!

Unknown said...

Isaac did a great job. Sounds very wise for his age.