Monday, May 11, 2009

Becca's Sixth Birthday

I was recently told that I am lame because I haven't posted on my blog since November. So, in an effort to make up for my lameness, I am going to do some marathon blogging!

The first big event of 2009 was Becca's 6th birthday on January 21st. Despite her efforts to invite her entire kindergarten class, her ballet class, her primary class, our neighbors, and every other person she might have happened to have seen in the weeks preceeding her birthday, I was determined to keep her celebration pretty low key. After providing an explanation that we can't have a HUGE birthday party every year, we agreed that she could invite 3 friends over on her birthday for a "playdate". She invited her cousin, Emma; a school friend, Ariana; and a church friend, Kristiana.



Becca loves to do art and craft projects, and I was overwhelmed by the mess that these projects made in my kitchen. We decided to turn a corner of the sunroom into an art area for the kids. For her birthday we bought her some new art supplies, and unveiled the new art area at her party. The girls had a great time working on art projects.





After spending some time in the art room, the girls were served pizza and cake. Becca had asked for a pink birthday cake - strawberry cake with pink icing. It wasn't the most delicious cake ever, but it certainly was pink!





Becca's favorite gifts were the ones that Isak chose for her from the dollar store - a squishy otcopus who was lovingly named Emily, and a bouquet of flowers.





Everyday I still experience moments of shock that my baby girl is so big.

1 comment:

The Wyler Family said...

what a fun celebration! i love the art room. i can't believe she is 6! wow!