Monday, May 11, 2009

Ten Wonderful Years

On March 5th Jeremy and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary. To celebrate we compiled a list of the Top Ten places in Indianapolis that have special significance to us and visited each location on the list. It was a lot of fun to share our memories of each place. Ready for the countdown?

NUMBER 10 - St. Maur Monastary



This monastary on the north side of Indy has (or had) a lodge that they rented out. This is where we had our wedding reception. We were married in the St. Louis temple on March 5th, stayed overnight in St. Louis, and then drove back to Indianapolis on the 6th for our reception. Many wonderful family and friends helped decorate, prepare food, provide music, etc. to make our reception the fun event that we had envisioned.

NUMBER 9 - Mariners Village Apartments



I lived in an apartment in this complex with my friends Christine and Monica. It was when I lived here that Jeremy and I first really became friends. We, along with many other great friends spent a lot of time together in that apartment.

Now, at this point I am a little unsure of the order. I had written down our TOP TEN list, but lost the notebook that I had written it in. I will do the best I can, but I'm sure I will get some of them mixed up.

NUMBER 8 - Oaknoll Drive



My parents lived in this house on Oaknoll Drive when Jeremy and I got to be good friends, when we dated and when we got married. We spent a lot of time hanging out here with my mom and dad and this is where he met with my parents, unbeknownst to me, to tell them that he was going to propose to me. My mom had never seen Jeremy act so serious and laughed out loud when he told her that he was going to propose to me.

NUMBER 7 - Creekwood Estates



This is Jeremy's parents' home in Brownsburg. Jeremy lived here until we got married. We spent a lot of time together here, but most importantly, this is where he proposed to me. He had invited me over after the performance of a play that I was in. He had prepared dinner (chinese take-out on his mom's nice china) and set the table with roses and candles. We sat down and before we started eating he gave me a phone and told me to call my house. He had recorded his proposal as an outgoing message on my answering machine. As I listened he came around the table and knelt beside me and held out the engagement ring. I was quite surprised, and, well...said YES!

NUMBER 6 - Capitol Street Building



This building was the home of the LDS Institute and also the Indianpolis 4th Branch (singles branch) that Jeremy and I attended. Our first memories of each other are at this building and we spent a great deal of time here. For a while I was the IRC (Institue of Religion Coucil) President and Jeremy was the LDSSA (Latter-Day Saint Student Association) President, positions in which we spent a lot of time working together.

NUMBER 5 - Marian College



When Jeremy and I first became friends we both attended IUPUI, which at the time did not have any choirs. Jeremy had signed up, through an inter-college agreement, to sing in the choirs at Marian College. I joined the Marian Choirs as well, and after we got married, I transferred to Marian, started studying full-time and finished my degree in Vocal Performance shortly after Becca was born. We were associated with Marian College (now University) for a big portion of our life together and enjoyed performing in plays, musicals and choral events together.

NUMBER 4 - Bertha Street



After I moved from the apartment in Mariners Village, Christine and I moved into this house. By this time Jeremy and I were very good friends and he practically lived here with us! We continued to live here (Jeremy and I, not Christine) for about 3 years after we got married.

NUMBER 3 - St. Vincent Hospital



NUMBER 2 - Women's Hospital




Number 3 and Number 2 are kind of interchangeable, as they are where our children were born. Isak was born at St. Vincent and Becca was born at Women's. I can't even begin to describe the tender feelings that I have about my experiences with pregnancy, giving birth and becoming a mom. If this physical body of mine would let me, I would do it over and over again!



NUMBER 1 - Rotterdam Drive

I don't know why we didn't take a picture of this one. Maybe it was because we were tired after a long evening of driving and were just happy to be home. Rotterdam Drive is the location of our current house. We moved here almost 7 years ago. The changes that have come about in our lives while we have lived here are so significant that I don't even know where to begin. Children, loss of jobs, graduation from school, returning to school, etc. It will be difficult to leave this place when our time here is up. It is our home.

I am amazed at the experiences that Jeremy and I have had togther. We have certainly had our ups and downs, but all have shaped us into the family that we are today, and I would not trade that for anything.

No comments: