Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mini Me

While looking at some pictures this morning I came across this one. It seems like a silly picture to have - a basket of laundry? Why would I want to preserve that memory?

Well, those of you who know me and my daughter well know that she is simply a much smaller version of me. Once when my mom was visiting she looked at Becca and said, "Do you have any idea how strange it is to see your grown daughter growing up all over again?"

This basket of laundry illustrates that Becca is, in fact, little Tricia.

Becca and Isak love playing on my bed. They do all sorts of wonderful things up there - fight dragons, escape alligators, build bird nests, etc. The problem is that my bed is also the place where I fold laundry. So, there are times when my bed is covered in folded laundry waiting to be put away. You can imagine my dismay when I have, at times, gone into my bedroom and found my once folded laundry thrown onto the floor as Becca and Isak chant "Two little monkies jumping on the bed..." Let's just say that they have been reminded often that jumping on mom and dad's bed when it is already occupied by folded laundry is not a good choice!

So one morning, after folding laundry and then leaving the room to do something else, I heard that Becca was playing on the bed. I stormed into the room prepared to exile her to time out and found all of the laundry that had been on the bed "neatly" placed in the basket. And thus the transformation of Becca into Mini Me was complete. Now she too will enjoy a life full of compulsive cleaning and frustration over an always-too-messy house.

6 comments:

darthgoofy said...

well... if her mother would just lay off and not be as compulsive HER mother was...

Nicole said...

That is just to funny, and very cute.

Monica said...

wanna come to MY house? :) it needs a really good cleaning!

Peifer Family said...

As someone who also shares this "problem", I think I would rather them lean too far on the cleanliness side then not. It's how I justify it :) Anyway, cute story!

Jill said...

Well, we may laugh alike and look alike, but we certainly don't have the same laundry philosophy! lol
We are all just happy to have something clean to wear each day. If it gets folded and in the baskets, that's even better. If it makes it to the closets and dressers....it's a miracle. Fortunately, miracles do still happen...pccasionally....

The Wyler Family said...

that is such a cute story! i love it!